He stopped loving her today song covered by Josh Turner and a tale of love which never stopped

About a month ago,I was sitting with a hospice client of mine on a Friday night,knowing she was not doing well each hour I would speak to her,stroke her hair and face in feeling even though she was under heavy morphine and silent she still was listening in the room.Possibly from within the body or an essence outside of the body I wanted her to know she was no alone.I told her she was free to go,her family would understand even though hesitant to tell her goodbye.

At three o'clock she was still breathing and at four o'clock as my hand went from her head to the face, the skin was chilled.Her sister was sitting about four feet away sound asleep along with a son upstairs. Quietly I checked for a pulse in the neck and hands,put pressure on her chest and abdomen without a reaction and laid my head on her chest without response.I called her son down and he laid his head on her chest as well and woke her sister,she had left this world.

Her husband preceded her in death twenty years prior,and she told me stories over the course of the month of a love which was just as solid now as then.Reminded me of this song.Though I do not believe she ever then or now stopped loving him.As the morning light filled the room I saw a picture sitting on a table of the two of them in silhouette form  smiling at each other and couldn't help but think the moment of the picture was a  moment she once again visited that night in being together again. Bittersweet and beautiful moment of realization that love never dies.Only perhaps the emotions which become attached.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Safety should be considered first when granting parole

The Parable of the Fork - Author unknown

Spiritual Windows – My perception