Farewell Jack! Fly high, play your best deck and forever be remembered

Jack passed from this world on April 10th this year. Jack was one of a kind, great wit about him, true historian on the Golden Age of Hollywood, professional poker player and loved life. Through him, my business fell into my lap and I will  always be grateful for that, but he was so much more.

Marine veteran from the Korean War, I don't think a movie exist out there on war I did not watch with him. Having a mother who worked at the studios in Hollywood, his background stories of entertainment you probably would not find in a book. Avid movie watcher, classics became a love of mine. A father figure who was quick to tell me where he thought I was in error and actually applied his thoughts for the better.

I always wondered how this day would affect me and the reaction actually surprised me, I am happy for him to be free of the human body anymore, to love and laugh and now know about family members who had become estranged in the past. To once again be with his children he said goodbye to early in this world and to find another great poker tournament beyond this world. A feeling of completion and joy.

So long Jack, you will never be forgotten or could there be another in your mold at this time.

Namaste'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Safety should be considered first when granting parole

The Parable of the Fork - Author unknown

Spiritual Windows – My perception