It's Never Easy To Say Goodbye - a song with special meaning



When my mother left this world suddenly in January 2004, this song for a tine became a mantra to her of sorts in the following weeks. I already had and loved this album completely, though this song in itself became a companion to heal the grief as well.

Standing in the cemetery on a bitter cold Northern Iowa winter, my hands were numb from the cold. Having not taken a dress coat to Iowa, I borrowed a coat from my Mother;s closet that morning. I am not one who relishes borrowing or wearing clothes which carried the energy of someone who passes. Energy is energy whether the owner is in this world or another and wraps me with the energy of that person. Not comfortable to put it mildly. Because of the weather, I had no choice and the coat was nice for any formal or dress occasion.

Climbing back into the car after the services I drove to a T crossing in the road before proceeding on the interstate and put this recording in for listening. Shortly afterwords my family and me were headed back to central Iowa on I-80. Music playing and driving focusing was becoming impossible, instead of road I was seeing above the road into a vision in the clouds with the road and clouds meeting, though interesting and beautiful I knew the wrapping of energy was far too strong to drive safely. Stopping along the interstate I took the coat off and put it in the trunk while asking for my energy to be refocused on driving, with the only vision to be the highway in front of me.

Took a few minutes in the frigid cold outside my car to readjust the senses and complete the drive. Arriving back at her home, I hung the coat back in the closet where I found it.My sister suggested I keep the coat as well as any other of her clothes I would like to have. Politely declined and left the clothes to be distributed as needed by my sister. Unintentionally that day I created an energy alignment for comfort at the least opportune time. In the weeks and months to follow at a rapid rate I began to know myself much more so than in the past as well as my mother. As I did, this music was a companion to my future until one day the tape snapped when playing, as if to say now was the time to quiet the song and focus on a new beginning. And so I did, a year later I downloaded the album again and still love it as much now as then and possibly understand it in a way I had not at the time. Love you Mom! :-)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Safety should be considered first when granting parole

The Parable of the Fork - Author unknown

Spiritual Windows – My perception