Cicadas and Manitou, tales of the lake

One evening sitting at a local lake under a huge old tree, cicadas were singing throughout the park as dusk began to blanket the park. At the time we engaged in a conversation relating to spirit and possibilities which exist. My friend was being negative in relation to what I found as possible. Knowing nothing I said would make a difference in the moment, I called for assistance to create an event which without a doubt would stay with my friend..

A few moments later, all singing of the cicadas merged into one solid tone gaining strength and a tone which seemed to rise into the sky at the same time. One tone,many voices into one. Amazing and confirming at the same time, while I silently gave thanks for answering a request.

Some time later at the same lake I had taken my son for an afternoon picnic. We chose to sit down by the lake on a blanket and had brought chicken from a drive-thru for lunch. Engaging in a conversation related to spiritual beings, we turned to the subject of Manitou believed to be the energy of the great white eagle. My son commented Manitou probably could not fit into his sneakers. Continued talking for some time before deciding to get on with the afternoon.

I stood up and picked up the blanket,trash and cleaned up the area while my son still on the ground pulled objects together to help in the process. Risen, I turned around to leave and walk up the hill to our car when I heard my son behind me calling out “Mom, I can't move my feet!” Upon standing up to walk he was immobile when trying to walk as if he shoes were glued to the ground. “Manitou, let him go – I think he got the message.” With the request, his feet were released and his days of taunting in regard to what was possible then ended.

At times it takes a reality check or a spirituality check to be made aware we are never alone, or beyond communication from the energies which surround us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Safety should be considered first when granting parole

The Parable of the Fork - Author unknown

Spiritual Windows – My perception