1 Corinthians 12 New International Version (NIV) Concerning Spiritual Gifts



1 Corinthians 12 New International Version (NIV)
Concerning Spiritual Gifts
12 Now about the gifts of the Spirit, brothers, and sisters, I do not want you to be uninformed. You know that when you were pagans, somehow or other you were influenced and led astray to mute idols. Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone, it is the same God at work.

Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10 to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues,[a] and to still another the interpretation of tongues.[b] 11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.

With this being noted, many find myself offensive to Christian beliefs. My mother asked me once who I thought God was shortly before she died. I told her I found God to be the collagen of the universe rather than a single entity. The glue, which holds it together. My mother spent her life in the church each Wednesday and Sunday and her response was “I agree.” I believe in one God energy undivided by religious belief though with many mortal names. Call me what you may and he would respond with “I am Just.” 

If you find me offensive, why are you following what I write? I accept and learn from your beliefs and understand tolerance is not the answer, acceptance of all is. I do not go to church on Sunday, I carry my beliefs in faith and trust 7 days a week. All faiths contribute to the whole and all paths have a summit in finding the whole of being. I choose not to hold one label of who I am – rather found acceptance in all parts of who I am.

If you find offense in me, you are also finding offense in yourself and this is a way to grow rather than resist the feelings you may have. Your heaven, nirvana, transition surrounds you each day of your mortal life just outside an 8’ energy field. You spend your life standing at the center of your total existence, how you choose to experience the existence God gave free will. I am not Godless or God fearing, I stands in my center without fear and refuse to see life as offensive. And so is the social experience, which you are reading from today. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Safety should be considered first when granting parole

The Parable of the Fork - Author unknown

Spiritual Windows – My perception