Ironies of time

Last night even though I did not truly need my phone alarm, I left it on rather than change the settings. Chelah my cat, woke me up during the night so I picked up the phone to check the time - 2:03 A:M. Alarm was set for 5 A:M, so I put the phone down and went back to sleep. Later on I woke up and expected to see the time as around 5:00 as my mind usually wakes me up just prior to 5 on most mornings. Once again checked the phone and now the time was reading 2:06 A:M even though I had slept quite awhile.Put the phone back down really not worrying if for some reason the phone was not working properly. 5:00 A:M the alarm did go off right as programmed in the settings.This is not the first time - time itself has been recorded as either almost standing still or in one case, waking up prior to the time I went to sleep, with a handful of times over the last decade of seeing this happen it becomes less of an oddity and just a sign repeated that time is no more than our way in this world of seeing our existence process the days and years of our lives.

Time is an illusion we accept as fact in moving through our lives, does it exist realistically? How would we know one day from another if it was not for time being present to record a change? In what we see as the truth of the spiritual universe, time as we know it does not exist.My brother one day many decades ago, used the passage of "a thousand years is but a day" and calculated how fast our time recorded in relation to the passage. His thoughts after doing so were "no wonder people would not miss you when you pass from this world - time would be a flash in comparison between Earth and Heaven".

In the writing I created called "Don't Call Me Bob" my stepfather 15 years after passing was without any knowledge of time since his passing.Time is both ironic and yet an enigma that passes as life with little thought given of how calculations are determined. In a sleep state or dreaming, is time in that space without the calculation of time? If a dream takes you through a period of time elsewhere - just possibly you stepped out of Earth time and into a time frame unaware to your conscious mind.Chances are when you sleep this day, your alarm will wake you for another day - how long you actually slept, time only knows.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Safety should be considered first when granting parole

The Parable of the Fork - Author unknown

Spiritual Windows – My perception