Black Ice

Four years ago, when I fell on black ice - in a flash before falling I saw myself standing at my own feet after the fall, then I fell.When I did I cupped my head and kept it above the ice on impact.Creating a different outcome then seen in the flash which preceded the fall.

Early March of this year, I again stepped unknowingly unto black ice. When I fell the left leg bent at the knee with the right leg extended forward and a body at a 90 degree angle.Great position if you are 10 sliding into a base after hitting a ball. Not such a great landing at my age. The left knee took a crunch down to the bone and almost dislocated a right hip in the process.

The knee bled for a short time then the blood just stopped flowing, which I was grateful. After many weeks, now I can see the skin again on the knee. At the point of impact, I now have a fine line of scarring which looks like fine stitches to the skin in a straight row. The knee was never treated outside of surface bandage, and yet sealed from far beneath the wound.

What I do not doubt is this universe is always one step ahead of misfortune and finds ways to get us back up again.When the unexplained can not be explained, just say thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Safety should be considered first when granting parole

The Parable of the Fork - Author unknown

Spiritual Windows – My perception