Live life fully



Live life fully


Living life to the fullest makes life meaningful, it is not about what you project to do in the future or have done in the past – today is a step we can choose to either wrap ourselves around in faith and trust or let it go to the future, before the future arrives. This past week my former brother-n-law passed from this world. Kind hearted soul who will be remembered more for his humorous way to seeing life at times, then of being remembered for objects collected in life. He loved to nickname people, places and things that crossed his path. He was rich in heart if not rich in possessions. He lived life fully. 




Buddha once said all worries are either behind you or in front of you. Standing in the moment was worry free. So much truth in his thought. When we do worry, the worry is either projected to a future time or the past being given too much power over our life now. I chose a long time ago, to live in trust. I now have chosen to life in trust and fully for each day. Making the simplest movements more memorable and noting life markers along the way in memory. Passing thru a day with the understanding if lived fully, what come what may – I have done my best to make the day complete. 

The new parent remembers a baby’s first cry, then days turn into weeks, months, and years of a cycle largely taken for granted. Along the way, so many days turning into a blur of the one before. Irreplaceable lost in being pulled into a cycle of compliance of days being spent working, raising children and with a possible focus of “family” time being projected unto holidays and vacation time. Two to four weeks a year of life markers remembered, with fifty weeks blurred into the process of life. Potentially fulfilling, though not fully lived as you might have intended. 

I start each morning stepping out into the new sunrise and end each day stepping out into the moon lit night. Greeting the day and saying goodbye to the day outside of four walls and back into where the universe seems very close. Reflecting for a while on how the day will be remembered as lived. At times, I wonder like anyone else why I am doing what I do, or why change might not be as rapid as I “think” it could be. The other night I was standing outside at work and in my usual lack of moderation in requesting, I asked for my energy to be lit up if change was coming in my life. “Lit” up might not have been the best declaration.
I came home and walked out on the deck to say goodbye to the day. A few minutes later, a wave of energy came across me, which rocked me off my feet. Similar to the feeling of being on a roller coaster going around a turn, the whoosh in doing so which leaves you feeling like you are somewhere between sitting and flying. I received a message, which said to sit down for a few minutes; I was fine – then a laugh. The laugh was confirmation I was not in any danger – though my insides felt like they could be in trouble, though they were not. Everything in moderation has been a lesson I repeatedly forget. J Ask and you shall receive is not just lore.. 

Living life to be the best I can be in any 24-hour period gives meaning to life. My brother n law did much the same in his time on Earth and without warning in a heartbeat waking up one morning and spending time at home, became his last act of living fully. We have but a moment to either relax into another or feel our fullness in a new state of being. The meaning of life is to make life meaningful, one moment at a time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Safety should be considered first when granting parole

The Parable of the Fork - Author unknown

Spiritual Windows – My perception