Thinking of you Dad

My Dad left this world 32 years ago this summer leaving Fathers Day as a time of remembering rather than being with Dad, best friend/confidant/wisdom/love – sums up the time with my Dad. During the year prior to my mother leaving this world, many nights in the dream state I would spend time with Dad, always in the same location. A brown two-story house I have never known, where talk/questions and answers were shared. Questions I would ask – always with an answer given. Often I have heard people say, “If I could only have another day with __, I have so much to ask!”




Around Thanksgiving time of the year 2003, once again joining my Dad in the brown house – the final question I asked was “Dad “Why are you here? This house – I know you do not really reside here. Who are you really waiting for?” His reply “Your mom.” “Dad, she is not coming. She is perfectly healthy, works everyday and isn’t even sick?” Even after this conversation with Dad, I was still wavering at Christmas time about going to see her; maybe I would just wait until after the beginning of the year? She would understand. A voice spoke to me during this time of being undecided and simply said “Her time is near. She is being stabilized.” On the weekend following Christmas, I went to see Mom. Her eyes were soaked from crying into a blood red state. Her little brother who she felt she could always protect and watch over had died on Christmas Eve and through her smiles, the pain I was feeling for her was overwhelming. On January 7th, 2004 she work up that morning, talking to my niece and family who lived with her – then laid her head back on the couch and went silent. Dad always said she would pass from this world talking. Extraordinary medical measures were used, which kept her in this world – betwixt and between for a couple more days before leaving. Dad has braced me for the outcome, once again being the Dad I loved in this world and beyond. Happy Fathers Day Dad!



This email was sent and landed in my junk mailbox in 2006. September 30, was my Dad’s birthday. Possibly, once again mom was making sure I knew they would spend his birthday together that year. 



From: RXEmporium@PharMedLabz

Sent: Friday, September 08, 2006 7:59 PM

To: linda

Subject: Fwd: Fw: Economical Medicine



Good afternoon, for his B.D. so I guess I'll have him

XXOO, Mom



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Safety should be considered first when granting parole

The Parable of the Fork - Author unknown

Spiritual Windows – My perception