Goodbye to GG




My former mother-n-law passed from this world last night. The last of a group of five sisters has now joined them along with a wonderful man I knew as my father-n-law. She held many titles, daughter, sister, mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, community leader and at times a bit of an activist in her political beliefs. Most of all she held love for family and friends who knew her.

Through these last years, heart attacks and weekly dialysis, she kept on being there for others. Arranging meals for families after funerals at her church, active in a retirement community and still always remembering her family on birthdays and holidays. Like so many others who experience the elderly years, the physical took a toll and slowed down while the spirit stayed strong.

Since I was sixteen years old, you have been inner-twined in my life pleasures and sorrow. Being a grandmother you accepted heart and soul. We had our bridges of understanding and breeches in understanding along the way, though anger is not a memory. I feel for the family today and I feel for my former husband, this day is never fully prepared for. I loved you, learned from you and at times; we learned from each other. Godspeed, you are now home. . I bid you goodbye and thank you today

Popular posts from this blog

Safety should be considered first when granting parole

The Parable of the Fork - Author unknown

Spiritual Windows – My perception