Letter from Jayden


I received this letter from my oldest granddaughter over the weekend during a visit. She will be eight soon and of all gifts from grandchildren, those which are homemade in the heart are the most enduring. When I looked at the words, I could feel the tears starting which I quickly dispersed – a child tends to associate tears with pain rather than joy. The words are simple; the meaning came deep from within her.


She is not immune to death, having attended more funerals from various causes in her life than many children will while growing up. I do not feel as if the letter was written from a fear, but yet a beauty of a little girl wanting grandma to know how much she cared. I thought maybe in words she might understand a reply might be in order.



Dear Jayden,

Thank you for your wonderful letter you wrote to grandma. Though I cannot promise you I will live forever in your world, I will live forever in your heart, where all people do when they are no longer on Earth. When you smile and think about them, they have told your heart to smile and be happy!

You came from the special beginnings people travel to when they leave this world. In a never-ending story, we stay connected and I will know you as you have known me. I hope to see you grow and become a mommy yourself some day, giving all the love you have to others who have came from the place of special beginnings.

You are wonder and you are wise, your love and patience in the days of your life. You are organized to a tee, with perfection being key – you laugh and you speak with an enthusiasm beyond belief. You give this grandma a chance to cuddle in close and touch a beauty on earth, I am honored to know. Your hugs are like magic and they fill my heart, with a knowing my life has been perfect from the start.

I have a forever home Jayden, which spans the globe – a heart of a house where family can grow. On a cold winter night when you were born, your GG once again returned to the special home. First, to hug you and kiss you before this world could, you came with her eyes and a glow maybe we have only understood.

So Jayden do not worry, this grandma will never go – any further in your life than your heart allows to be so. My forever home is big and is small, full of love and trust I will catch you if you fall. From the place of special beginnings and back again someday, forever sealed in love in a home you will stay.

Grandma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Safety should be considered first when granting parole

The Parable of the Fork - Author unknown

Spiritual Windows – My perception