Our Messages we live by


Our Messages we live by




This evening a group of young boys came together for an end of season awards night and picnic. Seven year olds, brought together by chance this year to become a baseball team for their division. The first night of practice, the coach took all the boys to the other side of the diamond for a talk – away from any ears, which was listening from outside the small group newly formed. 

Tonight, the families were told of what transpired in that first group talk from the coach. Rules to live by were given, not only for the season; but hopefully rules they would keep in life. 

1.      Be a team player and support your teammates as a new family in your life.
2.      No bad language
3.      Do the best “YOU” can do!
4.      Have FUN!

As I listened, number three took over my thoughts for the moment. My own Dad’s method of raising children was through learning life lessons, rather than just hearing a judgment whether you were good or bad, needed improvement or had behaved and acted in a way in which he disapproved. I never had to cringe at the thought of telling him about a grade card, achievement or whether an accomplishment was acceptable. He would just look at me and say those words “Did you do the best that you could do?”, and leave the answer with me in deciding the level of achievement and knowing only “I” could fail myself. Teaching, early on a method of checks and balances; in personal accountability, and responsibility in life. 

My choices in life have been mine to either thrive from or feel the fall. My Seven-Year-Old grandson is a mirror image of myself in those years. Sometimes feeling the fall down the rabbit hole in observation of him. He is very bright, probably more so than I had seen in me at that age. Inquisitive to the point of worry, that just maybe more intervention should be given in altering his choices and “saving” him when I could see the mistakes of the choices. He is full of adventure and aspirations beyond his years – which I remember well. Does he listen to the voice of possible outcome before proceeding – not anymore, than I did? Yet, through the coach who came into his life and spoke the same words to him, I had heard decades ago, I also watched him thrive along with his teammates in learning the value of personal responsibility over the last few months. Early in the season, they stood in the outfield sun while an opposing team repeatedly made runs from their lack of defense, to learn the path out of the heat to the dugout would take becoming the resistance needed to shorten the aggression they were seeing. The path of least resistance is facing the obstacles and overcoming the force against us. They turned defeat into triumph from learning to embrace their own personal best and being the best each of them could be. They cheered and empowered the weaker part of themselves into strength and personal victory. They learned to stand together as one and had FUN! As they stood together tonight with trophies and medals for a season well done, the accomplishment was cheered as a group, rather than separated and divided.

Cheers to the Purple Sharks this year – and may those little messages from the other side of the diamond as you gathered, listened and occasionally through dirt while doing so – remain with you for life! These children, along with millions of their generation across this world our future of the planet – life messages will in the future from this time bring this world to a different plane. Teach your children well!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Safety should be considered first when granting parole

The Parable of the Fork - Author unknown

Spiritual Windows – My perception