“God listens – are we paying attention?”






“God listens – are we paying attention?”






Over the last few days, I allowed myself to be wrapped up in the worry over an issue, which a greater part of me knew the basis to worry did not exist, but at times, this part of us takes reign. Although being told repeatedly, I had nothing to worry about and I still was not listening.



Walking across a store parking lot after exiting the wrong door, I started weaving to the other side of the lot, irritated at one point when I had to divert again around some cars which took me in a path approaching a huge black SUV and I looked up. On the back corner of the upper back of the vehicle, a bumper sticker had been placed on the corner. Looking through the sun, I started to read the sticker, which simply said “God Listens.” In the middle of a parking lot I just laughed and understood once again, I had nothing to worry about. Synchronicity in motion to filter into our thinking when the communication is not being acknowledged.



At the point, once again I realized how much useless energy had been expensed on this issue. Yet still, the morning I was to meet on this issue, I wondered if my plea for a validation before leaving would be sent. I received an email an hour prior, validating I had nothing to worry about. All was well, and is. “God Listen’s, at times we are just not receiving the messages as delivered.

The above writing was originally wrote in September of 2009, now 10 months later I found myself again questioning an event in my life right now and trying to decipher the best way to see clarity while driving. Stopped at the intersection I looked to my left at a company van parked in a lot with the slogan on the side “Worry free living is closer than you think”. Passing this area on a regular basis many times – this was the first the van caught my eye. Coincidence or a prodding to remember? Coming home I edited a photo being used as wallpaper on my desktop with the phrase overlaying one of my grandsons swinging a bat in practice for softball this spring, which to myself was a moment when all worries outside of seeing the ball were absent and he was present in the nano-second of his life in remembering the moment in mine. Within 24 hours I took action on a thought needing resolution for the last three years and set the wheels in motion with what is becoming a very positive outlook in the process. Part of a lyric in a popular country song right now is “don’t outsmart your common sense”, those messages where we try to outthink a possible resolution and miss the opportunity granted. Pay attention too today, this hour and minute of your life – don’t try to outrun a part of your life in getting to tomorrow. Common sense is your consciousness talking to you if you are listening!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Safety should be considered first when granting parole

The Parable of the Fork - Author unknown

Spiritual Windows – My perception