Kelp or Diamonds

Kelp or Diamonds When I write, I take from my own journey and make my attempt to put into words how I relate events in life to beliefs I hold, always the student in the process. This last week brought a death close to the heart once again. A cousin lost her battle with Sarcoma in a very short period of time from diagnosis to unfolding her wings. I was not aware she was sick, though many times over the last few months I thought about writing her, and then something else would occupy my thoughts once again. We are all born with a mission called life. Her mission was a social worker, aspects of who she was showed up as a very young child in how she thought and responded to others. Once when I was very young, my sister and I went to stay with my aunt and uncle and cousins for a week. One day after a walk to a park, her sister announced she wanted me to go home and my sister to stay, it was Sue who was younger than I was then opted maybe we should just walk home separately and it would be better. We both stayed the duration of the visit largely due to her ways of mediating and resolving issues even at a young age. She fought for better lives for women and children through her job and had a way of prompting strength in hard roles for others. A little over two years ago while driving her car; she went into cardiac arrest without any previous indications of problems. Her young teenage daughter born with cystic fibrosis, found the strength to run from the car and get the help needed to save her mom. Soon afterwards, her son suddenly developed sepsis meningitis which took his legs and left him close to death, she was there daily not only for him prompting him to be strong and fight, without the mother who took life to birth him and her intense will to help others find inner strength, it could have been much different. In the end, I am sure her own inner strength and faith helped not only her but her family to prepare for her to leave. In her own pain, she was still helping others find that inner drive and strength to go forward. My thoughts over the last few days have been on rewards in this life or beyond for acts done. Trying to understand the balance between doing and receiving, the answer I got was not as expected but assuring at the same time. I was told rewards in life were kelp, where the blessings would be diamonds. Many times we focus on the immediate recognition, rather than a plan so much greater than our knowledge. Immediate is seen in reward whereas the plan is diamonds being assembled. The reward or the kelp might nourish the physical at the time of presentation, though the diamonds already being created will nourish not only the physical but the soul and spirit of who we are. If we look at life beyond the short term and long term linear lines we are accustomed too, we find in hindsight our foresight was building a blessing unaware. When my own mother was dying, Sue made a statement which my mother was leaving this world to help her brother find his way who had died after surgery a matter of days prior to the time. This is something she believed as being possible heart and soul. That one would either leave early to greet or follow to assist, a premise of her being over a lifetime. In her final moments of transition from this world, she was given the reason for her own being and departure. How it might apply to the life she lived and the beliefs she held are between her and her highest being of self. On this earth all that knew her came to love a fraction of which she was beyond this world, if that small fraction is taken as an indication of her work now – all that are to be guided or protected by her are in good hands. Tomorrow a gathering will be held to send her spirit even higher in good thoughts of her being on Earth with wings unfolded and efforts to understand her choices of kelp or diamonds, to sustain or be blessed. As I write this tonight knowing she is well aware now of all thoughts being sent to her, I thank you for choosing a life which included mine. Godspeed and diamond paths for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Safety should be considered first when granting parole

The Parable of the Fork - Author unknown

Spiritual Windows – My perception