I want that ONE moment back please

I want that ONE moment back please

http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/personal/10/23/o.redo.one.moment/index.html

Reading this column on cnn.com this morning brought back some memories. At 24 and free to do what I wanted to one night, while my Dad was in a hospital waiting for a "routine" test the next morning, I thought there would be time later to call him and let him know I cared. That next phone call could never be made. The routine test took his life that morning.

All the times I could have just called my mom, and said "tell me about you!" I always had a reason to talk about me, those stories and part of her life were left unsaid. Take time today to share a story you have with those younger in your circle of life, or make a call, plan a visit today and just be attentive in one moment of your life being shared. Above all, take time to laugh and be thankful you still can with those in this world.

In the moments of your life, being the storyteller, the Elder, the listener and the giver of who you are. A moments lost and moments filled are eternal, memories of how they were spent in sharing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Safety should be considered first when granting parole

The Parable of the Fork - Author unknown

Spiritual Windows – My perception